Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

No guarantees

Four years ago I learned one of the hardest lessons I've ever learned. 

A friend lost her baby girl, Tia, at 36 weeks.

I honestly didn't know that was even possible. Before that I never knew or met anyone who had dealt with a 3rd trimester stillbirth. 

It wasn't me. I wasn't the one who lost my child. But it still wrecked me. I remember feeling completely broken that anyone ever had to go through such a terrible terrible thing. I called my mom and just cried and cried. 

Unfortunately, since then, I've learned more than once that there are no guarantees on this journey of motherhood and have been touched by miscarriage, stillbirth, and child-loss more than I care to think about. 

Even though these babies and children weren't mine, they are in my heart. Forever. Their parents are never far from my thoughts. I truly believe that at whatever point you lost your child, they were real. They count. And they are waiting for you. 

Tonight I remember little Miss Tia. I'm so sad I never got to meet you and watch you grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment