Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Life (almost) without facebook

It's been a couple of weeks since I deleted over 300 friends and family from facebook in an effort to waste less time online.

I'm a little surprised by what I'm learning.

First, I kept an account because I have friends literally all over the world and I love seeing photos, following the details of their lives, jobs and ministries. Other than that I got rid of all the locals and the "outer circle" of acquaintances, including my mom, sister and mother-in-law.

What I'm learning is that the people I kept an account for...hardly ever post.

And I'm going through withdrawls. So I'm persevering to see if I really miss it or if I'm just not used to the gapping hole it's left in my routines.

How sad is that. So pathetic.

I'm praying that God grows REAL and deep relationships out of this experiment instead of the "status update" relationships I've grown accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment