Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Single

After today, I am so grateful that I'm not a single parent. And I have so much more sympathy (or is it empathy?) for those who are.

Daddy is on a boys 'beer and football' weekend in Eastern Washington with his best friend- totally earned and deserved.

But after working every day this week and Friday being payday, that means I only have the weekend to squeeze in all my 'weekly' chores. Thankfully (please sense the sarcasm in that), Pumpkin Pie likes to wake up early. So I was able to pay bills, clean the whole house, get two hours of work in at The Farm, do laundry- including diapers, stop by the ATM, and run errands at Target, Costco, Winco, Stride Rite, and Verizon.

Oh, and I did all of that with Pumpkin Pie in tow.

It took seventeen hours.

I think I deserve a medal and that it should all count as a workout.

I'm so pooped.

And glad that Daddy is rarely gone for an entire weekend.

And leaning even more towards not wanting the full-time job.

How do real single parents do it?! I'm impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment