Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

I must be turning into a girl/woman...or getting older...or be pregnant.

I'm incredibly emotional tonight.

Moved by THE story of Christmas.

Moved by time with family and their generosity.

I'm reminded of just how much I've been given. And how the only requirement is to go and do the same.

I've been forgiven, how can I not therefore forgive.

I know a lot of people who don't understand this whole personal-relationship-with-Jesus-Christ- thing and don't feel like they can have faith when there is so much evil in the world. Especially after last week.

I get it, I really do.

All I can say is...when you've been saved, you can't not have faith. And I don't use that term lightly. I mean literally saved. Like a drowning person who is rescued. Like a person in a burning building is rescued.

I've been saved, and tonight I'm thinking about a very young girl and her young fiance, bravely facing the scariest thing imaginable...labor and delivery alone in a stable. And I'm thinking about how God says He did all of that because He loves me. And He would do it only for me. Just for me.

Blows my mind.

Makes me want to press into this God and His word. Grow closer to the one who loves me so.

I hope you check Him out. Or ask me about Him. Or ask someone you know and trust about Him. You'll never be the same.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. We must follow what God says, because what he says is the Truth. Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete