Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Prepping...

I love this time of year. I love the colder weather, sweater, and scarfs. I love the lights, the Christmas spirit, and of course all the treats! I'm actually not a big gift person- as much as I love giving gifts, I really don't like receiving them. It makes me uncomfortable and I don't know why. But what I love MOST about this time of year, is NEWness. I am looking forward to January and a new year and fresh starts. I'm prepping for my 2013 goals (resolutions) by doing a couple things:

1) Watching the DVD's from some of the speakers at this year's Leadership Summit.
2) Reading The Peacemaker with hopes of repairing a lost friendship and learning to 'fight better' deal with conflict in healthier ways.
3) Reading Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Move Forward with the hopes of making a solid decision about selling our house or staying put.
4) Reviewing Experiencing God the Bible study I just finished with an awesome group of women at my church to see trends and big ideas God brought to my heart and mind for 2013.
5) Hanging up my church's calendar! I'm so excited for this in 2013- an entire year with everyone praying for the same things each month. God is going to do big things, I just know it!

I know January 1st is just another day but there is something about the idea of fresh starts and new beginnings that gets me so excited every year!

Now I just need to get me a 2013 day-planner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment