Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Phew!

Woah.

Four kids (3 and under), one of them being Griffin, is e.h.a.u.s.t.i.n.g!

Two are infants that just learned to crawl. So the get into each others way and chase me all over.

One more day, we can do it!

Today was pretty much a disaster from start to finish.

Griffin was up at 5 am. He sort of dozed until 6, when he woke Sullivan up too. Madeline cried all day long anytime Griffin got near her. Sullivan only napped once (at 9) and then blessedly again at 4. He's started crawling and quit his pacifier this week. And has two top teeth that look like they've broken through but you can still feel gum over them. He is miserable and therefore, I am miserable. He hasn't slept longer than an hour in 4 or 5 days.

I would not have made it without a dear friend dropping by (and bringing caffeine!!)- Thanks for saving my sanity, Tracy!

Tomorrow, assuming the boys crash early again, we're headed to the girls house. They sleep until 8:30 or 9 every morning and I'm thinking, if my boys are going to be awake anyways, that's 3 more hours with only 2 kids. Getting out the door before 6 am is going to be a feat deserving of a medal!!

The most important thing from today is that God has definitely answered a prayer for direction. I most definitely do not want to earn additional money by doing a full-time daycare or even full-time babysitting. Or by fostering infants. I really will take a class room full of middle-schoolers over a house full of toddlers any day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment