Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Foundations

Some friends of ours have hit a rough patch in their new marriage and the hubs and I have been doing our best to help them out.

I'm just reminded of how hard marriage is and how much you have to work to have a great one. It doesn't matter who you marry, to have a great marriage requires hard work, lots of compromise, and even more forgiveness. But it's so worth it. Seven years in and I love my hubby MORE than when we tied the knot. We have more shared experiences and stuff now...not to mention the kid. But he has also done so much to prove to me his loyalty and faithfulness and grown my love for him.

You see, I don't believe in falling in love. That implies you can fall out of it. Love is a choice. Sometimes the best way to tell your spouse you love them is simply by not leaving.

Love is patient. Which means the person we love will try our patience, requiring US to be patient.
Love is kind. Which means the one we love will be unkind, requiring US to be kind.
Love does not envy.
Love does not boast.
Love isn't proud.
Love doesn't dishonor others.
Love isn't self-seeking.
Love isn't easily angered.
Love keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
Love always protects.
Love always trusts.
Love always hopes.
Love always preservers.
Love never fails.

I have a long way to go until I'm good at this, but its what I'm aiming for. It's what I'm praying for, for my marriage and those of all my friends. I'm so grateful for a husband who is willing to compromise, ask and offer forgiveness, and kiss and make-up. He's a keeper and I'm a lucky woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment