Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More than you can bear?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28


"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13


"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2


Just some verses I'm holding onto tonight. The last 3 nights have been the worst nights we've ever had with Griffin. His cough has had him waking up every 10-20 minutes. I'm so sleep-deprived. I'm an emotional wreck with a super short temper. I need my kid to sleep. More than need. I'm desperate. 


So the first verse, I'm crawling on my face to God, holding onto the promise that his burden is light. That God will teach me, gently and humbly, how to teach my son how to sleep all night. And in his own bad. 


The second verse, I'm clinging to as well. In my exhaustion and anger I am tempted to do so many things I know I'll regret. Like yell at Griff, shake him, or lock him in his room until he figures it out- no matter how many years that takes! Things that when I'm not dealing with exhaustion induced anger I wouldn't even consider. 


The third verse...I don't even know how to ask for help with this. I don't know how to help Griffin at night. Ryan doesn't know. I don't know how to let others help carry this burden of a sleepless breastfed child. 


Prayers accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment