Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Making it happen

I've had some random thoughts and funny stories I've been wanting to share but I just haven't made the time to sit down and write. So I'm making it happen tonight!

Now I just hope I can remember them all:)

1) Okay ladies, I know at least some of you have got to understand this. Once you've been pregnant and decide you'd like to be again...you might occasionally stand in front of a mirror and let it all hang out and pretend it's a cute little baby bump. You might do this, I of course never do it (riiiiiiight).

So my real question is why, at the end of the day, can I look 9 months pregnant (not really) and in the morning I can only look bloated?

Case in point: A couple of weeks ago, after a particularly incredibly awesome dinner made by Ryan (have I mentioned I haven't cooked a dinner in approximately 6 months and I blame him for no weight loss...but I'm not really complaining either:). Anyways, after this particular dinner, I don't even remember what it was, at the end of a long day- Ryan looks over at me and exclaims, "Oh my gosh! You look pregnant!!"

Thanks, honey. Thanks a lot.

It's just a food baby...a compliment to your cooking?

2) To redeem him, he has noticed all my working out!! Paying me multiple compliments about how great I look and how quickly I firm up!! All of his noticing and complimenting have really kept me going and kept me motivated to really get back in it now that the Olympics are over.

Apparently I just need to focus on my abs more! HA!

3) Going back to deciding you want to be pregnant again...I have decided the show I didn't know I was pregnant is completely off limits for me. Talk about freaking myself out. Even though I would LOVE to be knocked up...finding out because I'm in labor is not exactly what I'm thinking! And every single gas bubble that feels like I remember baby kicks feeling totally freaks me out now. You know you understand, right? I'm not alone in this, am I?

4) I finally remembered to weigh myself yesterday morning. 154.1 lbs. I'll take it! Two weeks of minimal workouts (thanks for nothing London 2012) and I'm actually down from my starting weight (154.4) and only up .4 from my low (153.7). So yay! I went for a walk outside (no treadmill) Sunday morning and didn't manage anything today. Ryan started summer school today so it's a bit of an adjustment going back to being a "single" parent during the daytime. I didn't realize how spoiled I'd gotten over the last 8 weeks!! As gung-ho as I'm feeling it's going to be hard to figure out a time to get a workout in. The next couple weeks are BUSY and predicted to be HOT. Two things that make my workouts lose priority. Ultimately I'm hoping to get to a point where I can get up and get it done before Pumpkin Pie wakes up in the morning. THAT would require him to start sleeping though and these 2 year molars aren't even poking through.

Prayers, cheers, encouragement welcome!!

2 comments:

  1. I've the gas bubbles and my first thought was the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show. I especially think of the show because of my labor with Greyson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, your labor often crosses my mind in the "not-what-I-want-to-sign-up-for" category!! :)

      Delete