Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Life raft

It's been awhile. I've been busy. Nesting like crazy. (No, really.)

Tonight I was so tired. I was showered and in pajamas by 5. Grumpy and in bed by 7. Ignoring the toddler while he watched a dvd in bed next to me while I tried to sleep. Now it's 10:15pm and I'm wide awake, despite the fact that I haven't slept yet.

I get really uncontrollably emotional when I'm over-tired. Add into that, 'normal' end of pregnancy hormones and you can imagine that my face is red and splotchy and I sound really awesome trying to breath right now. Although I desperately need sleep...I need 'this' more right now.

What is 'this'? I don't really know how to explain it, other than I have found a 'community' and I cling desperately to it at times like this. A place where I can find other women, other mommies, other wives struggling with the same things I'm struggling with. All striving to do this life well, to follow Christ, to be great wives and moms...and sharing in the hardness of it all.

It's what keeps me reading and searching for great blogs. It's what is driving me to write more, share more, and offer more of myself.

And up at 10pm when I'm distraught because I yelled (multiple times) at my 2 year old and the husband because I'm so freaking annoyed by everything right now....'this' finds me THIS. And I know I'm not alone. In a profound way, God is using other women to reach me, grow me, rescue me.

And I want to be a part of that.

Motherhood, wife-hood, Christ-following...it's all SO HARD sometimes. I hope, if you're reading this, that you can find a little friendship here on my corner of the internet. That you'll browse through some of the blogs I read and find encouragement too. That together, we can do this...and do it well. Better than if we were 'alone'.


No comments:

Post a Comment