Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Facebook and blogging

Have you ever read (or heard of the book) Women are Like Spaghetti, Men are Like Waffles.

Or if you're my good friend Jenny, "Of course there's a story behind it." I love Jenny's long stories (and short ones). They always make everything more fun, better understood, and I feel like I get to know her better.

So here's a noodle of a story for you.

I don't even remember how I stumbled on the blog world. Just that it's gradually become a more important factor in my survival, my sanity, my growth (as a person and Christian), and my parenting.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon Erin MacPherson's page or what made me request to be a part of her "launch team". And now that I've read her first book and started on her second, I am super excited I did.

And now this (being a part of her launch team) is leading me to taking this whole blogging thing a little more seriously. I don't have any desire to be one of those famous bloggers that makes money from their writing, that seems like way too much pressure for me! LOL! It's more a leading from God to steward this resource better. To be intentional with my sharing of other posts, my thoughts and feelings, and to work alongside Him to make this adventure of being a woman of God, wife, and mother look more like he intended...for me and others.

On that note, I'm trying to figure out this whole social media thing. Like how to put a facebook button on my page (help?!) that links to my "new" facebook page. And I even signed up for Twitter. But I so (sososososo) don't get it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't even remember my login. And honestly, since I don't have a "fancy" (smart) phone, I don't see myself getting into Tweeting. Although you should never say never...who knows what the future will bring. Maybe a more tech-savy Sarah?

I guess my noodle wasn't really that long...this time:) And welcome to "my" world, Mommy Notions. Were we're all imperfect and figuring this out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment