Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sabbath

Yesterday (Monday), I tried to run a bunch of errands/get a bunch of things done. Although I was successful in getting everything I had to done, I kept feeling like I was forgetting something important.

As far I can tell, I did not actually forget anything.

But what I have figured out is that with my personality, I need Mondays to be my 'Sabbath' day. The day I reset for the next 7 days. It sounds silly but even if I clean on Sunday, mentally it helps me so much if once a week I 'clean' my house from top to bottom. I say 'clean' because it's mostly straightening and wiping down, but it just helps me feel ready and organized for the coming week.

I also love that Monday nights is 'Women's' night at our church. It's when we have our forum/bible studies and I want to keep that going! I feel like it's my special time to feed my soul. Plus, Daddy's in the habit of running Monday nights and I want to keep that going. So much so that I'm willing to spearhead/lead the next Bible study if necessary!

So there you have it. I've learned something about myself that I probably already knew but now I can put it into words. And if I decline an invite on Monday, just know that it's nothing personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment