Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Sand vs. Boulders

While going about my day, I've been thinking about that visual aid with the jar, big rocks, medium rocks, small rocks, and sand. You can only fit everything in if you start with the big rocks first.

I'm pretty sure I've been starting my days with the 'sand' of life, so the bigger, more important, rocks aren't making it into my days.

As much as I'd like to wake up tomorrow and completely reorganize my life and our schedules and start with the big rocks, it just isn't going to happen. I'm too busy right now...and I'm a planner. I need to keep thinking about what my big rocks are and figure out a plan...I have visions of a color coded spread sheet/schedule in my head. Please don't laugh...I love me some excel!

I've got a whole bunch of things in the next 10 days that have to happen...then me and the boys fly out to Michigan to visit with my extended maternal family. Life will have to slow down out there and I'm so excited to just soak up family and rest. And come home ready to be much more intentional. 

I want to live on purpose! 

Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment